Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Markjstock.com

Upon researching this artist, I learned that this artist states that his work involves “still, video, real-time, and interactive installations with seamless interfaces featuring highly dynamic, detail-rich imagery”.  I found it interesting that many of his influences are artists and scientists whom are from the pre-computer ages (i.e., Da Vinci).   Upon reviewing his works, I have chosen Magma 19 as my favourite.  I have read his description of this piece of art and he states that it depicts a “virtual flow of red-hot molten magma and nearby cooler rock”.  I prefer this work over some of his others because it does depict something familiar to me and is based on something real.  I enjoy the energy in the piece and the colours used in the patterns were pleasurable to my eye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment